The prevalence and severity of sexual harassment incidents in the workplace are at an alarming...
Traffic accidents happen every day. There are numerous reasons why these personal injury accidents, from poor road conditions, weather conditions, as well as vehicle malfunctions and careless pedestrians. However, most traffic accidents occur due to the negligence, recklessness or the complete disregard of the welfare of other motorists or pedestrians by some drivers.
Traffic accidents have different types. These accidents include car accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, bus accidents, and truck accidents. Traffic accidents are not exclusive to mishaps on the road as it also covers boating and plane accidents. These mishaps can cause multiple damages to property and minor injuries such as bruises, scrapes, and scratches or serious injuries such as head and spinal injuries to pedestrians. These accidents can also cause trauma and may even result in wrongful death on those involved depending on the extent of the damage from the accident.
Types of Traffic Accidents
Traffic accidents often involve vehicles that try to avoid road obstacles such as pedestrians or other cars, albeit in vain, and end up with other vehicles or properties getting damaged severely or bystanders getting involved and injured in the process. Some of these traffic accidents that involve cars include but are not limited to the following:
- Single Car Accidents – these types of car accidents only involve one car and are often run-off-road collisions, collisions with animals or fallen debris, and rollovers.
- Rear-End Collision – rear-end collisions is a type of traffic accident wherein a vehicle crashes into the idle or moving car in front of it. Rear-end collisions are usually caused by tailgating, panic stops, poor weather conditions that lessen the traction of wheels on the road, as well as due to drivers becoming distracted or inattentive of the road.
- Side-Impact Collision – side-impact or t-bone or broadside collisions are traffic accidents wherein the point of impact is on the side of one or more vehicles. These crashes usually occur at parking lots and intersections. Side-impact collisions can be minor or severe depending on the speed of the collision and where the point of impact is.
- Head-On Collision – Head-on collisions occur when two vehicles coming from opposite directions collide with one another. They are often caused by negligent drivers disregarding traffic signs and regulations, as well as poor road conditions. These types of accidents are often fatal depending on how fast the vehicles were and how strong the collision was.
- Vehicle Rollovers – Vehicle rollovers are a type of traffic accident that is often caused by speeding, intoxicated drivers, poor weather and road conditions, as well as location. This type of accident often leads to disaster since it can cause tremendous amounts of collateral damage and serious physical injuries since the rolling vehicle can violently run over pedestrians, road obstacles, and other stationary or ongoing vehicles.
In any of the traffic accidents mentioned above, you should be aware that you have a right to seek damages against the party at fault. To make sure that you can get the best compensation you deserve, you need to seek legal help from top traffic accident, car accident, bus accident, bicycle accident, aviation and motorcycle accident attorney in Los Angeles who have years of experience in taking care of traffic accident claims. To make sure that you will not get shortchanged in your claim, never try to take care of your traffic accident claim on your own and seek legal assistance from personal injury experts.
As you very well know, seeking compensation for property damage, actual medical costs, future medical care, loss of earnings, pain and suffering, and other monetary and non-monetary losses against the party at fault can reach in the hundreds of thousands and even millions depending on the seriousness of the traffic accident.
What to do When You are Involved in a Traffic Accident
However, knowing that these various medical expenses and other losses were due to the accident does not automatically guarantee a favorable verdict on your claims against the party at fault. There are legal procedures and specific pieces of evidence that you need to acquire and take into consideration in pursuing your claims. These procedures include determining and proving the following:
- The accident did actually occur;
- The party in question is obligated to provide due care or violated a law or regulation;
- That you suffered injuries, damages, and losses as a result of the said act or omission.
Aside from the specifics stated above, victims need to prove the actual amount of claims they are demanding against the other party at fault using concrete evidence and whether or not the allegations are justifiable. It is also essential to note that the documentation of medical bills and documents are also crucial in justifying any future medical care or future lost earnings from the accused.
As a traffic accident victim, never commit the mistake of pursuing your claims and reaching for a settlement with the party at fault on your own. These settlements often end up with unfavorable outcomes, giving you less than the proper compensation you deserve for your claim. Insurance companies will also attempt to negotiate with you directly through their insurance adjusters. These insurance adjusters are trained in handling personal injury claims and negotiate down your claims and reduce your compensation to an amount that is favorable only to them.
The opposing party involved in the accident, on the other hand, can employ the help of seasoned defense lawyers to frustrate your claims. These lawyers will challenge your claims, exploiting technicalities or loopholes in your claims and in the law to protect their client from being held liable and paying for damages. Furthermore, pursuing your claims alone without proper knowledge of tort laws and legal proceedings can make you unintentionally waive your claims and end up with little to no compensation at all.
Finding Los Angeles Traffic Accident Attorneys
Do not pursue your claims on your own and instead, employ legal professionals to help you get the proper compensation you deserve. Seek the help of the skilled and experienced los angeles car accident lawyer of Mesriani Law Group. Mesriani Law Group is composed of highly motivated and very skilled traffic accident lawyers in Los Angeles and paralegals who are well-respected in the legal community for their dedication and success in championing the causes of personal injury victims throughout California.