When Elon Musk re-opened his Tesla factory in Fremont, California, he sent an email to...
Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, and other vehicular accidents happen either due to unforeseen external factors such as road conditions or due to driver negligence. In other cases, the failure of drivers to provide scheduled maintenance and repairs to their cars can cause motor vehicle accidents and can also be considered negligence.
If you are involved in any car accident, whether it is due to a vehicle malfunction or due to the driver’s negligence which can include driving under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances, the fact remains that these accidents can still cause you to sustain injuries and distress.
It also doesn’t matter as to what kind of car accident you got into. Whether you are only involved in a minor rear-end collision or a head-on collision, your injuries are not only measured by the intensity or strength of the impact of the crash. They are also affected by other factors such as your age, the state of your health, your awareness at the time of the accident, and your body position during the accident, among others.
If you are involved in a car accident, you have a right to claim damages against the party at fault. However, claiming any personal injury compensation against the party involved is a difficult task. There are particular laws involved that depend on the type of automobile accident and evidence required in proving the reason and the coinciding damages for the accident.
The worst thing you can do to your case is to attempt to negotiate and arrive at settlements for your claims on your own, as the other party will most likely be represented by insurance adjusters and skilled defense lawyers who are more adept than you in handling personal injury matters.
If you are serious in getting the maximum compensation you deserve against the party at fault, the best thing to do is seek help from an expert vehicle accident lawyer or traffic accident lawyer Los Angeles from Mesriani Law Group who has decades of experience in championing the causes of traffic accident victims throughout California.
Get the proper compensation claims, from monetary damages to non-monetary damages such as pain and suffering by seeking the help of a motor vehicle accident lawyer. You can also claim for punitive damages if it is proven that the negligent party acted with recklessness or in complete disregard of your welfare resulting in the car accident. Mesriani Law Group can help you prove these claims and get you the rightful compensation you deserve.
Why You Need A Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney
Motor vehicle accidents happen every day in the streets of Los Angeles and other cities and counties throughout California. Every car or traffic accident victim will suffer damages to their properties and sustain minor and severe injuries. Therefore, it is vital for the victim to promptly file a police report and pursue car accident claims against the party at fault to compensate them for their damages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Damages and Injuries in Auto Accidents
Whether you were involved in a minor fender bender or a serious automobile accident, you can still suffer some, if not all, of the following injuries due to the gravity of the crash and other factors:
- Spinal injuries;
- Burn injuries;
- Head injuries; and
- Brain injuries.
In worst case scenarios such as serious car accidents related to head-on traffic collisions or DUI accidents, the victim can suffer severe injuries that may require serious medical attention or even result in wrongful death. In California, if you ever become involved in a motor vehicle accident, you have a right to seek damages against the negligent driver. The damages that you can claim with the help of an auto accident injury lawyer include but are not limited to the following:
- Property damage relating to the repair or replacement of your vehicle;
- Rental fee for the rented vehicle while your car is being fixed;
- Storage fees if your car needs parts and, hence, unable to be repaired right away;
- Actual medical costs for your examinations, evaluations, and treatments;
- Future medical care for recommended treatments post-discharge;
- Lost earnings due to absence from or inability to do work;
- Loss of prospective income if you are unable to contract new business due to your injuries as a single proprietor;
- Pain and suffering, which includes emotional distress and psychological trauma; and
- Punitive damages when it is proven that the negligent party acted with recklessness resulting in the accident.
Reasons for Car Crashes
Even if you exercise careful driving on the roads of California, you can still be involved in automobile accidents. Statistics show that car accidents commonly arise due to the following factors:
- Driver negligence,
- The driver’s lack of competence or training;
- Negligence in routine vehicle maintenance and repair;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other illegal substances;
- Harsh weather conditions; and
- Poor road conditions.
Among the causes of the accidents mentioned above, the most common cause of road accidents is due to driver negligence. This means that even the most careful and defensive drivers can still be involved in a motor vehicle accident because of the other driver’s negligence. In these cases, the best thing to do is make sure that you can gather all the evidence necessary to support your claim against the negligent party that caused the accident.
Los Angeles Car Accident Resources
Being involved in a car accident can be a bewildering and traumatic experience. Regardless of the circumstances that led to the accident, you’ll need to ensure your safety and protect your legal rights—especially your right to claim damages.
Check out these helpful resources to learn more:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Do You Need a Police Report for a Car Accident?
- Mistakes That Can Hurt Your Car Accident Lawsuit
- How Much to Expect from Car Accident Settlements
- Statute of Limitations on Car Accidents in California
- What Are Your Rights After an Uber Car Accident?
- Seeking Damages after a Drunk Driving Car Accident
- What To Do During and After a Motorcycle Accident
No matter how careful you are when driving on the road, you could still fall victim to the negligence of other motorists, poor road conditions, and other negative factors.
- Worldwide, approximately 1.3 million people die in car accidents annually (an average of 3,287 fatalities each day)
- Young adults aged 15-44 account for more than half of fatalities globally
United States statistics:
- More than 37,000 people die in road accidents in the United States annually
- More than 2.35 million people are injured or disabled following a road crash each year
- More than half (58%) of police-reported fatal car crashes involved just one vehicle
- 38% of all fatal car accidents was the result of a collision with another vehicle
California statistics (compiled by the California Office of Traffic Safety):
- Car crash-related fatalities surged 7%, from 3,387 in 2015 to 3,623 in 2016
- Drunk driving fatalities rose from 911 in 2015 to 1,059 in 2016
- In 2016, 15% of motorists killed in crashes who’d been tested, tested positive for illegal and/or illegal drugs
Hire Los Angeles Auto Accident Attorneys Today
If you are involved in a car accident, do not attempt to negotiate your claims on your own as you will be on the losing end of the negotiations and instead get help from an expert car accident attorney. Seeking expert help is highly advisable since you will be approached by insurance adjusters who are adept in negotiating down or even rendering the liabilities involving their clients void. You are also bound to encounter defense lawyers who are skilled in exploiting loopholes and preventing you from getting any compensation from your claims. By having a car accident attorney by your side, you will prevent these mishaps from occurring and ensure that you get the appropriate compensation from those at fault.
Therefore if you are serious in claiming the best compensation you deserve, leave your car accident claims to legal experts and seek proper legal representation. Seek help from well-known law firms such as Mesriani Law Group and their diligent traffic, car, motorcycle, train, aviation, construction, bus, truck, bicycle, and pedestrian accident attorney who have decades of experience in representing personal injury victims of traffic accidents in Los Angeles and throughout California.
Consult a Vehicle Accident Attorney from Anywhere in California
Mesriani Law Group’s competent car accident attorneys work with personal injury victims throughout the entire state of California. They extend legal help to clients who have suffered varying degrees of auto accident injuries. Our California car accident lawyers are also relentless in pursuing these legal cases. With their expertise, they can help you obtain maximum compensation for physical injuries and other damages.
Mesriani Law Group provides legal services across different California cities and counties. Our firm serves car accident victims living in Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, and other cities. We also offer services to Orange County, San Diego County, and San Bernardino County residents.